Are you looking for a new Littleton dentist? Even though, with all the dental health experts you will find listed online for the Littleton area, it might seem easy to choose the right one, there is a great deal of careful consideration that might still be needed first.
Depending on your most frequent dental problems, you might need an orthodontist, rather than a cosmetic dentistry specialist. Or maybe you’ll want to look into a dentist who also specializes in pediatric dentistry, so you can take your son or daughter to the same dentist, instead of searching for a separate one.
Types of Dentists to Look for
When choosing the right Littleton dentist you have to know why you want a new dentist and what types of problems you are dealing with. Do you have cavities, chipped teeth, misaligned teeth or yellow teeth? Maybe you need implants or crowns. Following are the main categories of dentists specializing in the particular dental care areas that you could consider:
- As mentioned, pediatric dentists deal with kids and teenagers. They specialize in the oral health of children from infancy, right up to the older years of teenhood. A pediatric specialist will be great for guiding kids through the early years of dental development.
- Periodontists treat gum-related diseases. Do your gums bleed frequently? Are they swollen and red? If you’re dealing with any of these problems, you might want to consider frequent visits to a certified periodontist.
- How are your jaws? Are you biting correctly? Maybe you have your teeth aren’t properly aligned and you need braces – or something similar. Orthodontists are the people to see if you have to cope with any of these irregularities or issues.
- Prosthodontists are the best at figuring out what to do when you need a crown, you have missing or broken teeth, or you have problems with your existing implants and prosthetics.
- The physiology and morphology of the dental pulp is extremely essential for disease prevention. Regarding this aspect of dentistry, you can address an endodontist. These specialists have undergone additional training that has to do with practices such as root canal therapy.
- Oral surgeons can help you with facial reconstruction surgery and the removal of teeth after a serious accident. This area of practice also has to do with diagnosing problems and disorders relating to both aesthetic and functional aspects of oral health.
- Speaking of aesthetics, you can go to a certified and reputable cosmetic dentistry expert for anything from teeth whitening to gum grafts, dental veneers and specialized services for making your smile look better.
Other Important Factors
Is your new pediatric dentist great with kids? Does your orthodontist have access to the latest technologies and procedures associated with non-intrusive teeth alignment? How much experience does your dentist have, and did he or she graduate at a prestigious school?
These are just some of the questions you should look for an answer to, before making your final decision regarding the dentist you want to choose. Fortunately, when it comes to selecting a reliable Littleton dentist, there are at least a few good experts who will prove to be the absolute embodiment of your preferred answers.